This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion
  • Same issue, extremely annoying. 

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Ireland

• So this is the response I got below. I think they are basically saying it would be quicker/easier to just go buy a different product....

Thank you for the information that you have provided so far in the forums.  In order to troubleshoot your issue further, please follow the steps below.

What model of headphones do you use?

If you try a different model of headphones, can you reproduce the issue?

What Music Provider are you using?

Are you using ‘Shuffle’?

Set up a Screenshot Hot Key on your watch: Capturing a Screenshot on a Garmin Watch***For Forerunner 245 Music, you must be on the latest beta software for a screenshot.

If you are running this sw, use the Forerunner 255 instructions in the FAQ above.***Enrolling in and Learning About Garmin Beta Software Program For the next couple weeks, when the music cuts out during an activity, take a screenshot on the watch.  This will be very important as it will give us a timestamp for when the issue occurred.

After the initial screenshot, navigate on the watch to Menu > Sensors & Accessories > Scroll down to the headphones > Take a screenshot > Select the sensor > Take another screenshot. Do this each time you experience this disconnect issue.

Once you have gathered two to three examples, please send us the Garmin Folder from your watch: Sending a Garmin Folder From a Device to Product Support Please provide a description of this issue with as many details that you can (that you feel are applicable).Please list a step-by-step process that you can take to reproduce this issue.

What steps have you taken in an effort to troubleshoot this issue?

Based on the screenshots that you took in step 6, does the issue always happen at the same time after starting an activity (i.e. 5 minutes into the activity) or is it random times?

Does the issue happen outside of an activity, or only once you start an activity?

When the issue is happening, are you noticing audio dropouts/bad audio quality?

Or does the audio drop completely and the headphones show disconnected in the Sensors menu?

Or both?

Do these headphone issues occur indoors, outdoors, or both?

Are you seeing this happen regularly at the same time of day?

If so, what is the time of day you typically see this happen at?  

Thank you for choosing Garmin,

• I think I have fixed mine 

If this happens with Bluetooth/ wireless where either headphone can be used on its own, then it's a case where the two buds are trying to resestablish connection. Reset this using your earbuds instructions. Also allow the watch to cache the songs...don't shuffle initially. Skip a few tracks to allow multiple downloads and then start from beginning