This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 Music Dead Pixel Issue (Singapore)

Hi everyone,

I own a FR 245 Music that I purchased in 2019. Just this year, a dead pixel appeared on my screen and after contacting my local Garmin support in Singapore, I was informed that I had to pay $180 (SGD) to get it replaced since it has passed 2 years.

What was even more frustrating was that over the phone with the representative, she mentions that Garmin is aware that older FR 245 Music has a problem with the dead pixels, and has since made upgrades to the latest FR245 Music. So, the company is aware that there is a manufacturing defect, but yet is not willing to replace my FR 245 Music for free. 

https://support.garmin.com/en-SG/?faq=xNYqugAnQZ32NsZAiEfJu5&productID=646690&tab=topics [This link allows exchanges for Garmin bought in those countries, but apparently not for Asian countries like Singapore].

This is extremely unfair, since there is an official Garmin support in my own country, yet the policies are different. Garmin watches are not the cheapest, and we would expect them to last for 4-5 years. But for it to break down when I didn’t knock it / drop it is simply unreasonable. Has anyone who was charged a replacement fee received any support for the same problem I’m facing?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!