This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dead pixels forerunner 245 (Music) - Malaysia

I'd like to share my recent experience. I purchased this product for my wife in October 2020. Unfortunately, I discovered a dead pixel just last week when I was planning to upgrade it to the Forerunner 265. Surprisingly, my wife mentioned that it had been there for a while. I contacted the service center in Malaysia, and they informed me that I would need to pay RM532 (approximately 120 US dollars) to have it fixed since it was out of warranty (warranty until Oct 2022)

To gather more information, I visited the global Garmin website (https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=xNYqugAnQZ32NsZAiEfJu5) and found that in the United States or Canada, they offer a 1-to-1 exchange for defects caused by missing pixels, even if the device is out of warranty, without any charges.

However, the procedure in Malaysia/Singapore differs. I reached out to their customer support and was informed that they are unable to provide the same warranty as the US, as it is beyond their control. I requested a discount for the repair or any alternative options, but their responses felt automated and impersonal. I have been a satisfied Garmin customer with previous watches, but this experience has left me seeking recommendations for other brands besides Garmin. Folks, any recommendation?