This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dead pixels on screen - Forerunner 245

A few days ago a few (15) dead pixels showed up on my screen. This was after the update from v5 to the latest version.

I contacted Garmin support. Have not received any feedback. Waiting almost 7 days now.

I see numerous users have posted a similar problem. Is this the type of product and service that Garmin provides to its users?

I am no sad that this has occurred to this product, to no fault of my own.

Is anyone able to help me get in contact with any person at Garmin? The support portal has not answered my emails.

• Hi! Did they get back to you? I have a spot on my watch in the exact same place that popped up two days ago. Please let me know what happened. I have just emailed them through a form, and I'm wondering if that's enough.

• Hi there. After my second attempt on the support portal, my email was answered. I was asked to ship the ship device to the nearest service centre for assessment. Once I established that the device had indeed been delivered by the courier company, communication stopped all together. I started emailing every address I could find. Luckily, somebody from Garmin responded on one of my emails. They deemed the watch defective.

If you deal with the correct people, it's no problem to deal with Garmin. If your concern or complaint happens to drop to somebody whom is not interested in you or your device, like what happened to me, the service goes down the toilet.

• How long did you have the watch before this pixel issue popped up?

• Unfortunately for me, it was well after 12 months. But I only use the watch when I am active. I do not use it as a everyday watch. But it seems its a common fault on these devices. I hope Garmin will invest some R&D to fix the problem.

• Hi. I am having the same issue with my screen. Which email address did you use to communicate with them?

• Weird, eh? So strange that it's happening in the same spot to so many watches. I filled out the form online - but can't seem to locate it for you. They've been reasonably fast in responding, usually within 24-36 hours. I sent my watch away 5 days ago...I'm really hoping they're making it all better. I really like the watch! Try [email protected]

• I have just had the same issue, Garmin did a total replacement of the watch.  However the new one only has a 90 day warranty :( judging by the amount of complaints on this forum about the FR245, I doubt they have fixed the issue.  

• My Garmin 245 also started to black out on the upper part of the screen. This happened only 2 months after the warranty expired. Now they want 115 euros for a replacement. This watch has abominable quality and its a real shame. 

• I had same issue. Got new watch 10 days after contacting Garmin support.

• Was your watch still in warranty?