This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

245 did not track my pace during run.

I went for a run today and everything started normally. At mile 1 it showed me my time and pace for the mile. I picked up my pace during mile 2 and looked at my watch to see it, but it was not recording my pace at all. When I saved my run, Garmin Connect has my time/distance and splits, but no pacing data at all. Other than pushing the button to start my run and then stop it, I didn't touch my watch. Any ideas?

• Hi, I was having a similar issue until recently. I realized that once you select your activity (such as "Run") and before you press start again, "Options" and a bar (that looks like a rainbow arch) will appear. If this bar is red, then it means it has not completely obtained a GPS signal. Wait until it turns green. This usually takes a few seconds. Once it is green, that means GPS is available, and then press start to begin your run or activity. 

• Hi.  Thank you for the suggestion.  That's not the issue i had, unless it lost GPS during my walk.  I'm pretty good about waiting for GPS to lock before I start 

It is good advice worth repeating.  Always wait for GPS lock before starting a run.

• Unfortunately this happens on all activities even those without GPS. It almost seems like the hardware responsible for pace locks up (accelerometer?) and requires a reboot. 

• Same problem (v7. 20). Cadance and pace not showing. Pace comes back after 5 minutes during run. Reboot the watch solved it temporarily. 

• Same here my 245 isn’t tracking my pace.  I have to shut down the watch and try again.  

• I’m having the same issue with my 245 it connect to gps and look down when I start my run and it’s not tracking pace.  I have to stop, restart my watch and then it works.   There’s always issues with garmin updates.  You’d think they’d test this before it goes out to public 

• Mine is doing it now - just bought this watch.  Today I lost pace for a big chunk of my run.  I’m on filmware 7.8

• Ok so mine was doing the same and I wrote Garmin.  They replaced my watch and it still happened. So what I did was install the 8.02 beta update and low and be hold  it was still happening.  So when you install the update. They also send you a update file to go back to 7.80.  Ok I decided to go back and when I was reverting back to 7.8 the watch actually reset itself and cleared everything out.  It is now working no problem.  There might have been remnants of  7.20 in the watch that was making this happen.  Does this make sense. Well any way. It is now working.  I have to write Garmin and let them know the fix 

• So a factory reset fixed it?  I can totally do that when I get home from work.  Thank you!