This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

(Known Issue) GPS Recorded Track Shifted by FAR with Respect to the Map

I had a weird issue today. It seems that Garmin put my recorded activity track over 300m to the left with respect to where I in fact actually ran. This is the screenshot I got from this activity. It never happened before. Of course, the GPS signal was acquired prior to starting the activity. Is there a way to solve it?

• And are garmins having similar issues often?

Been using various Forerunners since 2004. I don't recall there being an issue quite like this, where multiple users are reporting the issue starting on New Years day. So this is not typical. It will happen occasionally where a specific user's device will have a corrupt epo file or other random software issue, or a user will be using some setting that they shouldn't be, but I would not say it happens often.

• I recorded my run by garmin 245 but used also Strava recording becaouse I wanted to see the difference between results by Garmin and Strava. Strava also in past when I had vivoactive showed be better results than Garmin. My pace was in strava always about 1min pace faster and also 1km was achieved faster...so i wondering how 245 accurate are...

• For me it would actually mean that your phone with Strava is less accurate. If you get faster pace and higher mileage, it means that your your recorded track is more jagged. I had this issue with my older Chinese watch. I was thinking that I am fast. Then I got my 245 ;)

• Yes, my 245 made me the slowest person on this planet :) thank you for your help :)

• Me too. Start and finish were off by about 200m and the route was totally wrong. Distance and pace were slightly wrong. 

• The first half of my running track on 1. january looks also very inaccurate! I guess this is a satellite issue. This will be fixed by itself, when every satellite has came over to 2021.

• Run yesterday morning here in Sydney and all was good, took the dog for a walk in the afternoon and had this issue? Then just finished a morning run and again seems i started in a street about 200m away!!! did the same route as yesterday but its now 100m shorter......In some ways glad to see its an issue across the board and not just my watch, no doubt it will be fixed.

• Hi all,

This is my first time posting here. The subject says it all. I am having serious gps issues with my forerunner 245. See my screen shot. You can see that the whole gps track is to the left of where I actually ran. See the triangle that should be around the park and then along the river but instead it runs through buildings!! any advice? or is my unit faulty? I'm in Australia and have been using GPS + GLONASS but have had similar inaccuracies with GPs and GPS+GALILEO. This is really frustrating me and I want to return this unit if it is faulty.

• I had the exact same issue today with my Fenix 6.  Shifted about 400meters west.  First time I've seen this issue.