This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

(Known Issue) GPS Recorded Track Shifted by FAR with Respect to the Map

I had a weird issue today. It seems that Garmin put my recorded activity track over 300m to the left with respect to where I in fact actually ran. This is the screenshot I got from this activity. It never happened before. Of course, the GPS signal was acquired prior to starting the activity. Is there a way to solve it?

•   

I had an error December 23 on a morning ride (see GPS).

Im having the same problem the other posts describe with every activity after 1/1. The GPS error persists throughout the activity in one case, and fixes itself after 20-30 minutes in another.

As for the activity shown: I should note that i paused the activity at the point with the horizontal shift for a minute or two. The shift is around 5 km west of my actual position. The comparison route i used is from a ride in July recorded with my phone.

• This does not work for me. CPE status is "Current", I did a 10 minute fake activity then this afternoon did a well known 5 mile walk with my wife. Her 230 logged 5 miles my 245 7.2 miles and had a start location 2 miles from the real one and only showed the current route for the last mile or so..

• Workaround not working...

I confirm GPS issues (1.01.2021 and 3.01.2021), and about 1km error on start activity

(245 Music)

gps map 1 jan 2021gps map 3 jan 2021

and wrong altitude

altitude

• In the last two runs my Garmin245 has recorded a map completely wrong. The first one, was correct in lenght and shape but shifted on the left and in today run, it was wrong in lenght (I run about 10km, but it recorded 21km) pace was completely wrong or I was superwoman. The location was also completely wrong. Not even close to where I run. What do I need to do to fix it? Is it an issue linked to new year or BrexiSlight smile  I had the first occurrence on the 1st Jan. What's going on? Thanks

• I've been having this issue since December. Its usually a few hundred metres off, but today it was out by 4 km!

On top of this it's taking up to 20 minutes to start recording even though the watch says its logging nothing is stored.

• I have been having a similar issue in the last couple of run. The first was on the 1st Jan. The map was shifted on the left of a couple of yards. Today the map was completely wrong: location (about 20 miles off north), distance (was recording 21 miles when I did only about 10km), pace (completely wrong). I have a Forerunner 245. Probably the time was the only correct information and the number of steps looked about right.

• Hi AmberD, please add me to the case too. I posted my experience below in this thread, my run tracking is miles out and my 10k run today tracked as 36miles!!! Not a great experience of my first Garmin watch Pensive

Thanks, Dave

• Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat - I haven't been able to get a GPS lock all day today.

• Did a 10k run just now and everything seems fine now. Without waiting for extra minutes for GPS lock, begun running as soon as GPS bar turned green. Maybe just a bug caused by "the last week of 2020"? Need more test from now on...

• My Forerunner 245 music is still having problems with accurate GPS. CPE status is "current".
    The workaround with waiting 5 minutes in an activity doesnt work for me. The GPS is still off... i am walking tru houses Thinking.

Activity GPS is on gps + galileo, but gps + glonass is having the same problem.

Any real working solutions yet??