This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 - frequently disconnecting from Bluetooth

I have a non-music forerunner 245. These last few days, my week frequently disconnects from Bluetooth. It's happens intermittently, it's randomly disconnecting and reconnecting throughout the day. 

I just did a full factory reset on my watch this morning and I'm still having the same issue. 

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

• I reset my Garmin to factory settings I’m on older version but I no longer have the Bluetooth disconnected issue.  Leads me to believe it’s the software update. 

• How do you stop it from updating to 7:20 again?

• I am having this issue a lot now that I'm on the latest software version. It seems like Garmin has reduced the power output or something of the bluetooth to save battery life. At least that's my guess. In any event, since the update, everytime I am cycling now with my phone in a waist pack, my watch disconnects. This is an issue because that means live track also stops working and no longer tracks once the connection is lost. Please get this fixed. I am using a regular non-music 245.

• Why is this still  happening? My watch barely works with my phone

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 2 years ago

i'm having similar issues using FR245 music with Powerbeats Pro earhphones. The sound stops after some time (while switching the song or changing volume, or sometimes without any action), but I can see the song is still progressing. When i reconnect the earphones from the watch level the sound is coming back.

• Also having this issue on 245 Music since updating.
    After a run activity I have to restart the watch every time to connect and sync with phone app.
    Super frustrating and disappointing.

How can I downgrade the firmware on the watch using a Mac?

• My FR245M is less than a month old and I have to reconnect it to my phone EVERY DAY to get my activities to sync. 

C'mon Garmin. I know that you will be releasing new versions of this watch, but please fix the disconnect issue.

• Hello,

I've been experiencing the same issue for a while now with the 245 (no music) and my OnePlus 5 running android 10. Interestingly, my wife has the same watch and no issues with her OnePlus 6T.

What seems to have fixed this for me is long hold on the Connect app -> about app -> additional -> battery optimization -> DO NOT OPTIMIZE.

I think this is what ends up cutting the bluetooth connection in the background after a certain period of time depending on the exact phone, android version, settings, who knows...

Please try that out and let us know. Hopefully that fixes it for you guys, as well!

Best Regards,

Boris

• My Forerunner 245 Music sadly still keeps disconnecting. On the newest SW, the problem is even more prominent than before.
    This problem is very annoying since by now my watch is disconnected from the phone the majority of time

• Mine hasn't disconnected since.

Do you have some other battery optimization tool/app/something in the build?