This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 - frequently disconnecting from Bluetooth

I have a non-music forerunner 245. These last few days, my week frequently disconnects from Bluetooth. It's happens intermittently, it's randomly disconnecting and reconnecting throughout the day. 

I just did a full factory reset on my watch this morning and I'm still having the same issue. 

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

• I have the same problem with 245 music + Jaybird Vista headphones. Works for almost exactly 30 minutes every time, and then it starts to disconnect. I keep reconnecting, but a few minutes later the connection fails again. I've had no problems for a year until the latest SW update (or perhaps the two latest updates). The same problem seems to occur for other garmin watches as well, there are other threads in the forum concerning the same issue, but with the Fenix-series for example. So it's almost certainly a SW problem. A bit strange that Garmin isn't at all seem to adress the issue as it's probably affecting lots of users.

• Same issue here. Contacted garmin support but the only point to a list of compatible earbuds: https://discover.garmin.com/nl-NL/strategic-relationships/headphones/ and that's all.

My issues also started about a month ago. Never had any issues before that and now the vista's are disconnected 3 or 4 times in half an hour. Garmin won't even bother to look at my logfiles or look into the matter. Very disappointing.

I hope an answer pops up in this forum. In the mean time I keep on trying things like factory resets and updates.

• I have exactly the same problem last several days. 

I have SW 5.5.

• Same problem as others. My watches (FR245 non-music) never had issues with phone connection, even 10meters from my phone i had watches connected to my phone via BT. The watches started having issues some-time in late summer, since then i get connection only when watch is max 1m away from the phone. 

And on the runs, LiveTrack starts usually in 1 out of 4 runs, the lap voice read-outs have also max 50% success rate - sometimes they are played, sometimes not. 

I thought it was my phone BT problem, but i changed phone recently and the issues persist with the new phone as well (phone runs Android).

• I have this same issue. I suspect firmware 5.x has caused this issue. It's time Garmin release a fix for this. Older software does not cause this

• I am having the same issue with my FR245 and vistas. Random disconnections while running on ver. 5.50, can we downgrade firmware?

• 1) I've clean the Bluetooth app caсhe and restart it 2) and reinstall the Garmin app. 

Now it's perfect. I seem the battery is better also. 

• Sorry what do you mean by reset bluetooth app cache? Do you mean on an android device? I have no issues with connectivity with my phone connecting with the vistas. It's just vistas connecting to the FR245 is the issue

• Yes, Android. 

App -> show system -> Bluetooth ->clear cashe.

also, I've reinstalled the Garmin app. 

P.S. I have the same problem, Every time, when a watch lost connection, the code has to be entered. 

• i get the same with Forerunner 245 Music and Jaybird Vista headphones. Will randomly disconnect around the 2km mark in to a run, and then may or may not reconnect. If it does reconnect, might only work for a few seconds. Have tried using on the other arm, and seems a little better, but still disconnects. Have tried hard restarting Jaybird Vistas and still the same problem. If i run with my iPhone, the bluetooth connection is rock solid for listening to music with the same Jaybird Vistas on the same outdoor route i run on. I haven't had problems dropout issues like this until i noticed the watch updated to sw version 5.50. incredibly frustrating.