This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 Music SW 5.20 - Live to 100%

This can be downloaded either through Garmin Express, or Garmin Connect Mobile; pending rollout. 

Software version 5.20

- Added support for the Track Run activity, which allows you to record outdoor track data, including lap splits and distance in meters, on a standard shape 400m track.
- Added support for Improved Recovery Time, which takes your stress, sleep, relaxation, and physical activity into consideration.
- Improved optical heart rate performance.
- Added a Save Location option to the Navigation menu.
- Updated the look of the Alarm screen.
- Updated the main workout data screen to indicate High, Low, or In Range for the current target.
- Various other improvements and bug fixes.

• Is there a manual/info page on the new Track Run activity? I want to make sure it's calibrated correctly on my watch, and would like to see some official instructions on how to do so. Thanks!

• Thank you! A couple other questions for you:

1. If doing a track workout with fast intervals in lane 1 and recovery intervals in, say, lane 4 or 5 (in order to not block lane 1 while running at a slow pace), is there a way to program that into a Track Run activity? If not, that would be a nice addition: separate lanes for fast vs. recovery intervals.

2. If I'm doing a warmup and cooldown run to the track, do those need to be separate activities? Or is there a way to combine those with the Track Run activity? Trying to avoid having three separate activities for each track session, if possible.

Thanks!

• So I did an 8k time trial on the track a couple of weeks ago, I programmed it in this manner. I did a 2 run on the roads around the track. Then I did 4 laps around the track, (walk the curve, stride the straight,) to calibrate the track. Then I did the 8k time trial then I did a cool down off of the track.

This isn't directly tied to your first question, because at the moment there is no way to program separate lanes at this point, but I did want to show you my results from a 200 on 200 off session that I programmed as a custom created workout since you are curious about the feature. Totally get the desire to move over to keep the lane free, that might be something we can get added but at this point once you get the track calibrated I think you'll be happy with it. All of those 200's were in between the numbers and the line. 

• I really appreciate the detailed response! So just to make sure I'm understanding:

First, it seems from what you shared that I *will* need to record separate activities for the warm up, track session, and cool down. Not a major concern; was more just curious if there's a way for them to be combined.

Second, for the calibration, can I do a slow jog in any lane (as long as I specify which one)? Or does it need to be walked (at least on the curves), and in lane 1?

Third, it would be great if alternating lanes could be added in, but for now, I'll try to stay as close as possible to lane 1 for my recovery intervals, and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

• I will test this tonight, I don't have a speed work, but I can start at a track, do a 2 mile warm up, do a 3 mile run on the track then finish up on the road again as a cool down. I'll post back on Monday after I've done that test. What I posted before is just what I've personally been doing because I really wanted to make sure that the track profile recorded my splits accurately, (which thus far the profile has worked really well) but I'm curious myself as to what it will look like. I've got a 945 and a 745 I'm running with tonight, and I'll update on Monday with my results. 

• I don't know what happened to Garmin-Blake, who always kept a lot more quiet, but I really love the new, more open and direct interaction from you, . Thank you and keep it up!

• Sounds great! Thanks a lot!

• Should be interesting to see the translation for all the other language!

• Yes Brooks is amazing!