This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 Music + HRM-Run heart rate dropouts - This is the reason

Hi,

I have the same problem as many others. The HRM Run has not been measuring heart rate correctly for months. For this reason, I looked for many different solutions: I tightened the belt, changed the battery, even changed the belt. Nothing helped.

For this reason, it had to be the watch and not the belt. As a last attempt, I have now turned off the vibration and warning alert for each automatic lap. After the next training session, I found that the watch was measuring correctly. There were no dropouts anymore. After that I had to find out which of both functions is making troubles. So I did the following analysis:

Setup: Forerunner 245 Music + HRM-Run, Running without vibration and warning alert for each auto lap.

Setup: Forerunner 245 Music + HRM-Run, Running with vibration and warning alert for each auto lap.

Setup: Forerunner 245 Music + HRM-Run, Running without vibration and with warning alert for each auto lap.

Setup: Forerunner 245 Music + HRM-Run, Running with vibration and without warning alert for each auto lap.

As a result of the analysis I have to say that the warning alert for each auto lap or next round is the reason for the drop outs while measureing the hearth rate with the HRM RUN.

So @Garmin, please give us a patch. It is not really a solution to run without warning alert. It is an essential feature.

Firmware 4.40, ANT/BLE/BT 5.04, Sensor HUB 3.20