- For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
- Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
Changes made from version 4.20 to 4.29:
- Improvements to GPS
- Fixed training modes (workouts, intervals, set a target, etc.) in Virtual Running to allow connection to phone app
- Improved filtering of activities for Race an Activity
- Several improvements to Breathwork
- Various other fixes and improvements
- Improvements to music playback/sync/providers (245M Only)
- Several Wi-Fi related improvements (245M Only)
- Connect your Forerunner 245 Music to your computer using the USB cable.
- Download and unzip Forerunner245M_429Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
- Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
- Reconnect your Forerunner 245 Music to your computer using the USB cable.
- From the RemoteSW folder in the unzipped download, copy the 006B310708.GCD file into the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder on your device.
- Again, disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
- If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-420.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-420.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults. After the watch reboots and the setup wizard is complete, reconnect and place the 006B310700_290.GCD file from RemoteSW\Downgrades into the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder on your device. Rename the file to 006B310700.GCD, disconnect and install.