This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 Series SW 4.10 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log  4.10

• Add new Virtual Run activity profile. This enables broadcast of speed and heart rate information to virtual running applications such as Zwift.
  • Add Widget Glances, a new way to view widget information. The option to enable is found in the Widgets menu.
  • Add Low Heart Rate to the Abnormal Heart Rate Alert feature.
  • Various improvements for battery performance.
  • Fix an issue that was causing loss of treadmill calibration data. For best results, perform an outdoor run before your first treadmill activity.
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
Parents
  • I installed this on 4 Feb.  When I did it, it was a fresh factory reset, I also removed and added the watch from/to GarminConnect at the same time. 

Before 4.10, I never had a problem with Bluetooth, now with 4.10 it is always disconnecting. I also noticed that the BodyBattery slowly declines after about a week and then never comes back, while the stress levels go up and up and never decline, even while sleeping. 

Yesterday, 13 Feb, I did a complete reset to factory defaults on the watch.  I also deleted the watch from the GarminConnect App, and reinstalled the GarminConnect App.  Will see what happens, but I am disappointing in the updates.  The only firmware that has seemed to work with any consistantcy for me was, 3.10 (Which it came with).  I question the REMOTESW part of the upgrades, could one of those be causing these problems?  There does not seem to have been one this time, but I have seen a mix of all these problems with the other firmware I have used as well.  The only one that seemed to be stable was 3.10.  Here is a history of my upgrades.

3.10 - Not sure what other firmware was.

3.46beta-GPS 2.50 and ANT/BLE/BT 4.19

3.52beta - Not sure what other firmware was.

3.70 - Came with GUP3078-260.GCD and GUP3024-430.GCD which I assume are the GPS and BT updates?

3.77beta - Not sure what other firmware was.

4.00 - OTA, GPS is 2.70 and ANT/BLE/BT is 5.01

4.06beta - Not sure what other firmware was.

4.10 - OTA, GPS is 2.70 and ANT/BLE/BT is 5.01

I will edit this post if I find more relevant info.

• I installed this on 4 Feb.  When I did it, it was a fresh factory reset, I also removed and added the watch from/to GarminConnect at the same time. 

Before 4.10, I never had a problem with Bluetooth, now with 4.10 it is always disconnecting. I also noticed that the BodyBattery slowly declines after about a week and then never comes back, while the stress levels go up and up and never decline, even while sleeping. 

Yesterday, 13 Feb, I did a complete reset to factory defaults on the watch.  I also deleted the watch from the GarminConnect App, and reinstalled the GarminConnect App.  Will see what happens, but I am disappointing in the updates.  The only firmware that has seemed to work with any consistantcy for me was, 3.10 (Which it came with).  I question the REMOTESW part of the upgrades, could one of those be causing these problems?  There does not seem to have been one this time, but I have seen a mix of all these problems with the other firmware I have used as well.  The only one that seemed to be stable was 3.10.  Here is a history of my upgrades.

3.10 - Not sure what other firmware was.

3.46beta-GPS 2.50 and ANT/BLE/BT 4.19

3.52beta - Not sure what other firmware was.

3.70 - Came with GUP3078-260.GCD and GUP3024-430.GCD which I assume are the GPS and BT updates?

3.77beta - Not sure what other firmware was.

4.00 - OTA, GPS is 2.70 and ANT/BLE/BT is 5.01

4.06beta - Not sure what other firmware was.

4.10 - OTA, GPS is 2.70 and ANT/BLE/BT is 5.01

I will edit this post if I find more relevant info.

Children
No Data