This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 Series SW 4.10 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log  4.10

• Add new Virtual Run activity profile. This enables broadcast of speed and heart rate information to virtual running applications such as Zwift.
  • Add Widget Glances, a new way to view widget information. The option to enable is found in the Widgets menu.
  • Add Low Heart Rate to the Abnormal Heart Rate Alert feature.
  • Various improvements for battery performance.
  • Fix an issue that was causing loss of treadmill calibration data. For best results, perform an outdoor run before your first treadmill activity.
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.
  • I installed this on 4 Feb.  When I did it, it was a fresh factory reset, I also removed and added the watch from/to GarminConnect at the same time. 

Before 4.10, I never had a problem with Bluetooth, now with 4.10 it is always disconnecting. I also noticed that the BodyBattery slowly declines after about a week and then never comes back, while the stress levels go up and up and never decline, even while sleeping. 

Yesterday, 13 Feb, I did a complete reset to factory defaults on the watch.  I also deleted the watch from the GarminConnect App, and reinstalled the GarminConnect App.  Will see what happens, but I am disappointing in the updates.  The only firmware that has seemed to work with any consistantcy for me was, 3.10 (Which it came with).  I question the REMOTESW part of the upgrades, could one of those be causing these problems?  There does not seem to have been one this time, but I have seen a mix of all these problems with the other firmware I have used as well.  The only one that seemed to be stable was 3.10.  Here is a history of my upgrades.

3.10 - Not sure what other firmware was.

3.46beta-GPS 2.50 and ANT/BLE/BT 4.19

3.52beta - Not sure what other firmware was.

3.70 - Came with GUP3078-260.GCD and GUP3024-430.GCD which I assume are the GPS and BT updates?

3.77beta - Not sure what other firmware was.

4.00 - OTA, GPS is 2.70 and ANT/BLE/BT is 5.01

4.06beta - Not sure what other firmware was.

4.10 - OTA, GPS is 2.70 and ANT/BLE/BT is 5.01

I will edit this post if I find more relevant info.

• Can't get my Garmin Express to update beyond version 4.00.  This is very frustrating.

• after the update to version 4.10 the detection of the heart rate on the wrist has gone mad

• I'm seeing this too. Today's run was the third time I have seen serious issues with HR since 4.1 installed. I am doing steady Z2 runs, but these are now very hard to do due to two issues on the latest FW:

When running (steadily) at just below 130bpm, I receive alert that pulse is Z3 (i.e. 136) and then the next second I relieve the alert that I'm back in Z2. This happens 10s of times in a 40 min constant Z2 run.

Secondly, as above while trotting along at Z2 it suddenly ramps up to the top of Z5, so I stop to let it calm down and it takes 30 seconds or more to track down to what the pulse now is, which is 110 or so. I have the data for this in Connect if anyone from Garmin wants to see.

It's nice to get the latest features but I wonder how much they were actually tested on the 245.

• The same thing!I have to turn it off and on again to make it work better

• I'm getting the same issue but with pace. Every 30seconds my pace goes up then down by 30 seconds. It's see sawing and my pace graph shows hills and valleys when I know I'm going a steady pace of approx 5mins per km, but the pace graph shows 4.45mins then 5.15mins and seems to rebound between these values for the entire run. Gps was locked. It's new, never happened prior to this update. 

• Me too still at 4.0. From Malaysia

• This is a great update. I am getting 11 days battery life now!! Must say that I turned off watch notifications (as I get several hundred messages each day..). I did 5 activities in these 11 days (mostly strength training and swimming, so no GPS). Also I use the Skytracker watchface.

• Hi everobody.

Is anybody having issues with Bluetooth sensors?

Since some updates ago, my watch won't  connect to my Bluetooth sensors. I don't know exactly which software version exactly because I was injuried a long time and a couple of software updates were made during that time.

The problem with Bluetooth only appears when I try to connect sensors. (I can sync to the app with no problems at all and I can connect to ANT+ sensors as well). I have dual connection sensors and my watch connects to them via ANT+ but no via Bluetooth, so my sensors are not the problem. Besides, I can connect them to another devices via Bluetooth.

• I'm still seeing HR increasing away from true values on aerobic runs, typically HR being reported 10 bpm too high when running but quickly reverting to correct values if I stop.  I'm now using Polar OH1 sensor with the 245 as the HR data is now unusable. Do you have a timescale to fix?