This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Some pixels appear dead or destroyed on the display

Hi,

since this morning I have problems with the display of my Garmin FR245M.

Indeed, some pixels seem dead which makes a spot that appears on all

the widgets and the watch face.

I did a hard reset and still have the same problem.

Have you encountered similar problems or possibly have a solution?

Many thanks for your help.

• yeh crazy that it just appears and grows so quickly, nobody is getting back to me though so im not sure what to do, hoping they can get me a new watch as i use it every day

• Suggest contacting them via phone or chat.

• I’ve just been in touch with Garmin to replace my faulty watch, I had dead pixels on the screen. They said they will replace it for a restored on for £164!!! I paid nearly £600 for the watch less than 2 years ago! This is crazy. Back to Suunto for me

• I did this with my watch and received a factory refurbished watch, which was identical to a new watch. Maybe even better because it's been tested for this exact defect. Also a new battery, which extends the overall life of the device. A year later still running fine and no defective screen. 

Also, I know some countries have a 2-year customer claim policy that can be used. So you might want to check that out.

• Yes they will gladly replace my watch , but with a £164 bill I need to pay. Crazy 

• Bad news , there is no solution for that, and , its recurrent on forerunner245 . Try to contact the support , but i had the same problem and the support in my country proposed me to buy a new one at cost expensive only ... but guess what ? Its the same price ive pay firstly .