HELP: FR 245M with no GPS signal

Hi there,

I have a FR 245M and since Thursday, it can no longer acquire any GPS signal : no GPS, no GPS+Glonass, no GPS+Galilleo. On the watch, the system settings say "GPS: 0.00" and "CPE: Missing".

I suspect it is linked to a botched auto install of GPS Software version 2.60.

I disconnected the watch from Garmin Express, I deleted the RemoteSW folder containing the CPE.BIN file then I synced the watch again with Garmin Express. At that point, it says that GPS Software version 2.60 is available but it fails to install it on the watch. I'm stuck and it sucks.

Any advice ?

Thank you for your help

Parents
  • Do you receive any error messages when trying to install the GPS update through Express? If so, please respond with that. 

One other thing you can try is to access your Garmin folder while connected to the computer and deleting your .XML file. You will need to disconnect and power back on before reconnecting and trying the update again. 

• Do you receive any error messages when trying to install the GPS update through Express? If so, please respond with that. 

One other thing you can try is to access your Garmin folder while connected to the computer and deleting your .XML file. You will need to disconnect and power back on before reconnecting and trying the update again. 

Children