This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 245 music - spotify not working

I just bought a whole new forerunner 245 music (software version 370 - November 2019) and want to use it with Spotify. According to garmin this should work.

I have downloaded the manual and it says that it is possible. So I am now trying to install the app from Connect IQ. The forerunner 245 Music is in the compatibles list.

I have gone through all the steps. I get a neat message from the forerunner 245 music that the installation was successful, but the spotify app is not working. If I press the UP key, nothing happens. The spotity app is clearly visible in the configuration, but does not work. If I install Deezer instead, it will work. Also tried from another cell phone.

I would like to know when Spotify can be used on the Forerunner 245 music. According to garmin it should work but to no avail!

Please help !! Did anyone get this working??

• the same problem with my forerunner 245 musci. @garmin, when is the problem solved? When do we get an update?

• They are releasing a software update that fixes the bug. Everybody have had the same problem for the past few weeks. By the end of the week we should receive the update 

• I'm facing the same issue, this thing is annoying, yesterday I got one update and now the music option is saying that I need Garmin Express to upload musics... okay I did the installation and now it's allowing only to add mp3 files... wtf?!?!?! where's the connection to Spotify ???

• having the same issue too.

Anyone has managed to fix it?

• Same problem here at least since today..maybe longer. Had already some playlists on the whatch, which worked. Today i wanted to add some more but i couldn't get a connection. WiFi seem not to connect in the spotify app. it shows message "no internet" ( in german: keine internetverbindung) The sync  function  via WiFi at watch seems also not to work(finds no network). Wifi test via connect app seems to work fine on the other hand. Reset of done. Also reinstall of spotify without success. What can i do?

• Solved the problem. First of all, garmin is not to blame here. Problem was a Vodafone Cable Router which is obviously incompatible with Garmin devices (cheap China rebrand Arris Router).

My workaround was to establish a separate a Hotspot to connect the watch to. Fix worked with the Hotspot at my mobile phone, using the mobile data, and maybe more interesting- also with an Win 10 Hotspot with usage of an old Wifi USB stick. The Win 10 Hotspot uses the internet connection of my Desktop PC (which is connected per cable) and shares this connection with the sick. Win 10 allows creating a custom SSID and password for this connection.
    You can simply configure your watch over Garmin connect for this new WiFi networt.
    Wifi Sync and also sync of Spotify worked quite well using the Hotspot.

• Any updates from Garmin on this issue? Spotify on Garmin does not work independently without internet connection. The songs should be downloaded into the watch but it clearly isn’t. When I connect my watch to my phone, it plays and does not play when not connected. 

• Garmin should fix this issue. Clearly the watch should work without a router or connection to the phone. Spotify should download the songs into the watch and play offline. 

• yes garmin do it! the connection with playlists from itunes also working out really bad.... fix the music feature on YOUR Music Watch Garmin, please!

• Is there any update on this? Its there but i cannot interact with it.