This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Headphone experiences

Hi,

I've just bought a 245M and am looking for headphones. Some can be quite expensive and I don't want to buy a pair only to find that they have problems with the 245M. I doubt if sellers would take back a pair that do not work well with the 245M once I have opened the box and stuck them in my ears.I know that Garmin have produced a list of 9 but I'd like to hear users experiences with these and other headphones. I think that this would be useful to both myself and others considering buying headphones. Thanks in advance to any contributors. 

• I have Bose Soundsport wireless. I wear my watch on my left wrist. I think Bose receives on the right. They work fine when connected and I'm running (arms up). Walking outside (arms down) gets a bit spotty. Walking inside is fine.

It's generally problematic to get them to connect. I have to cycle the power on the phone up to 10x. Sometimes I just give up and workout in silence. The earphones connect instantly with my phone. 

• I bought a few headsets and speakers and reviewed them on my website here: https://starttorun.info/the-best-bluetooth-headphones-and-bluetooth-speakers-for-garmin-watches/ 

The Skullcandy wasn't my favorite initially because of 2 units that broke down (poor luck?) but currently I see myself using this one more and more often.

• I use a MPOW Cheetah bluetooth headphone with the FR245M. This headphone has a very comfortable fit and there have been no problems sofar regarding sound quality. (watch on left arm)

• My last purchase Bose 700. sorry I got it from my girlfriend. obviously fantastic. Check the 700s review here https://bestwirelessbluetoothheadphones.com/audio/bose-nc-headphones-700/

• Don't buy Powerbeats Pro before you look at all the negative reviews of connection problem and faulting ear pieces. 

• Don't buy Powerbeats Pro before you look at all the negative reviews of connection problem and faulting ear pieces. 

• Just bought Jabra Sport Pace Wireless, fully charged them with USB, went for a 10 mile run, they connected right off with my Garmin Forerunner 245 Music and not one cut out the entire run, great sound, worked like a charm. Ran again today, no cutout, even when I stretch high or touch my toes, no problems at all. They are the ones with ear hooks, which is my preference, top of the ears can get a little sore from the hooks around mile 8 as expected, no big deal, otherwise they work great with the FR245m garmin. They are connected with to one another with a wire, which I like, they are harder to lose; and also, I have read that most of the freestyle earbuds do have connection drop out problems, in most all brands, that is why I bought these. Success!  I first bought Power Beats Pro and maybe it was my luck of the draw, but all I heard was a great sucking noising, lol. If I didn't hold my hand just right they cut out and there were significant charging problems (read the reviews). Do not buy the Power Beats Pro, they just don't work with the watches in motion very well!  

• I just wanted to add that they do have good sound and I wore my watch on the left wrist.

• The Anker SoundBuds https://amzn.to/3bfBbK0
    The perfect entry-level Bluetooth headphones at an extremely affordable price.
    Very happy for half a year.

A lot of different rubber inserts are included with the headphones, so that they really fit securely in the ears and do not fall out while jogging.
    You can adjust the volume and jump to the next track back and forth.
    Battery charge lasts about 10 hours. That's enough for me.

I haven't had any connection problems for a single second.
    When you take the headphones out of your ears, they hold together magnetically like a chain. So you can not get lost easily

• I have it too. I am very pleased.