This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Headphone experiences

Hi,

I've just bought a 245M and am looking for headphones. Some can be quite expensive and I don't want to buy a pair only to find that they have problems with the 245M. I doubt if sellers would take back a pair that do not work well with the 245M once I have opened the box and stuck them in my ears.I know that Garmin have produced a list of 9 but I'd like to hear users experiences with these and other headphones. I think that this would be useful to both myself and others considering buying headphones. Thanks in advance to any contributors. 

• Today, i saw another runner on a rocky trail looking for one of her lost in-ears.
    This shows the disadvantage of being completely wireless.
    I hope it wasn't very expensive.

• That's indeed tricky.

Maybe Garmin can add feature 'find my earbud' next to 'find my phone' .  ;-)

• I wear my watch on the left wrist too, no problems with Aftershokz Trekz Titanium headphones, pair easily, have good quality and the music control works well.

• Maybe Garmin can add feature 'find my earbud' next to 'find my phone' .

Oh yes. I think GARMIN would do a great favor to many wireless headphone users with such an invention.

• I couldn't agree more with MaxR6.  I also bought 245M last week.  Love it.  I actually had the Anker Soundcore P2.  Bluetooth 5 did the trick.  

• Ive noticed that bluetooth headphones which have a wire connecting the 2 sides always work, the issues arise when it comes to true wireless buds

• Yes, the headphones from the Anker Soundcore or Soundbuds Series (https://amzn.to/3cPd45g) are inexpensive and extremely reliable. I can confirm that.

• Avoid the Sony WF-1000XM3, they do not work. The music plays when in the music app, but as soon as you open up the activity-app the music starts cutting off and glitching. Very annoying considering the prices of these earbuds. But I guess they're not really made for runner anyway.

My Beats X worked but unfortunately they got the "pink light of death" a few months ago...

• I use the Plantronics BackBeat FIT 3150 True Wireless (@BestBuy). These are "updated" 3100's (supposedly better battery). They have the ability to change the primary/receiver from the right to the left side! With the watch on my left wrist and the "primary" set to the left side, they work very well either running or walking/hiking. Slight hesitation if I hold my hand behind my back for a minute but that is not a normal thing and was just to test. These do not sit in the ear canal so they let some noise in which is good in an environment when you need some situational awareness.

• I have used the Plantronics BackBeat Fit since last setember and I have never had any problem with them!