This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cant change music volume

Hello,

I hot a FR 245 Music and since I did not have BT earphones before I got a pair and they work with the watch but the music volume is always at max level even if I try to reduce it using the watch controls. The earphones dont have volume buttons so it is just the FR245 in control and the music is painfully laud..

I tried using the earphones with my phone and they work fine regulating the music level. Also I tried connecting to my Bluetooth home speaker and I cant change its volume level using the watch either.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Edin

• I have exactly the same situation on my Garmin 245 with BT EarPods.

Garmin : any solution ?

• I have exactly the same issue with my (recent) Garmin 245.

@Garmin : any solution ?

• Hi,

The solution from my side was to change the earphones, but this is nasty issue and Garmin should address it.

E.

• Hello,

I just got the same watch and I have the same problem as you.

What did you do to fix this issue ?

• Same issue for me since 3.70 update

• I bought 245m with firmware 3.10. My tws headphones worked fine. The watch has been updated to firmware 3.70. The volume is not adjustable. I returned firmware 3.10 and the volume is working fine. Used beta 3.52 firmware - volume is not adjustable. My advice is to try reverting to earlier firmware.

• The music controls are not intuitive but the buttons on the 245M work for me way better than the touchscreen on the VA3 Music I have. 

My watch is on sw very 3.70.

I have 2 different BT earbuds paired and a speaker and all work to change volume, start stop, next track, etc.

What I do, might just be out of habit, I press play on my watch to begin music. While playing (take the buds of your ears until volume is what you want) press the 3 dots button to bring up the play controls sub menu.

I don't have to use the watch buttons, I can see the volume adust by me using by ear buds.  I only have cheap headphones and none of the individual air pod style.

Can't change playlists or switch from Spotify to Amazon from BT but on my 245M, I can do all the standard music controls from my headphones.

Another thing I was do is disable the headphones on the watch after finished played and remain disabled until I specifically will use them. Just became habit.

• Same issue here.  I can adjust volume but can't see the indicator change 

• Same problem here...with Powerbeats Pro. Got them about two weeks ago and all was well. Went to the gym and now have to adjust volume on the watch. Play/pause does work, however. Tried deleting and re-pairing to no avail.

It frustrates me when companies remain silent then, all of a sudden, release a new firmware that fixes the problem. A little acknowledgement from Garmin would be nice, just to confirm we are not crazy.

• I just tried pairing my Powerbeats3 headphones with my 245 music and they are working OK (inline volume control and music control). I've also got some RHA and JLab headphones that all work OK, so it seems to be model specific issues.

Did you try updating the firmware on the Powerbeats Pro? My Powerbeats3 were updated recently.