This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR245 Garmin Coach Run/Walk Setting

I have signed up for Garmin Coach Jeff's Run/Walk/Run program for half marathon. There is a Run/Walk/Run scheduled for this weekend. But there is no option to choose run/walk timings. Looks like Run/Walk alerts are not working for these automatic workout schedules.

Please let me know how to set run-walk timings for this workout shown below (no edit option available) in the watch:

• I understand the liability as a reason to not prescribe a run walk interval, but Garmin should allow users to program a walk run interval in the workout or use the walk/run intervals set by users during the "run" portion of the workout.  It makes not sense to just keep trying to track these intervals manually when we paid so much for a device to do it for us! 

• If your main workout is a specific distance, say 5k, then set an additional alert for distance in the alert screen of run settings and after you press the lap button twice, the run/walk alerts will start and the distance alert will sound when you reach the 5k mark. If you are running for total time, you can alternately set up a time alert.

• Thanks for the great idea!

Hope this be revisited in the near future by Garmin...

Greetz from Brussels ! :-)

• I can't believe alerts (run/walk or others) are not triggering in training plan runs. This is even more absurd in a Jeff Galloway plan! Seems to me this could easily be made possible via a firmware upgrade, so I really don't understand how 200-300$ watches need you to "just use your phone" or "carry another watch" to achieve this. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

I would really love to see some progress on this but according to your posts... not sure if Garmin is at all listening. So feeling quite hopeless on this to be honest...

• You can also use a data screen called Fartlek. Download from Garmin ConnectIQ. Sync with your watch and then add as a new data screen on your Run profile.  Set times for intervals. It will alert you during the run. Works fine for me. 

Check out this app from the Garmin Connect IQ Store
    apps.garmin.com/.../072a6553-f884-4089-8c2a-87e14f4474a2

• Just bought 745 and started Jeff's training program. Can't believe this issue is still not addressed!

Garmin should at least give us good reason why interval alerts are not executing during Run Walk Run coach plan training so we can stop wondering... Why, Garmin, why? Oooh why?

• Walk run is only for time, not for distance....