This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR245 Garmin Coach Run/Walk Setting

I have signed up for Garmin Coach Jeff's Run/Walk/Run program for half marathon. There is a Run/Walk/Run scheduled for this weekend. But there is no option to choose run/walk timings. Looks like Run/Walk alerts are not working for these automatic workout schedules.

Please let me know how to set run-walk timings for this workout shown below (no edit option available) in the watch:

• You cant edit this as far as I know. In one of the demos that the plan sent you it tells you how much to run and how much to walk during this interval. 

I use the app Interval on my phone to keep up with the run/walk intervals. 

I hope you can edit this in a upgrade down the road.

• When you see an interval that displays this, it is intended that you will run and walk as you need to finish the prescribed distance. This will be different for everyone depending on their fitness level/how far along they are in their training. 

As you progress, future workouts may include dedicated Run and Walk intervals, but these will be clearly listed as such. 

• In that case, at least it should allow Run Alerts set in the watch. Though I set Run/Walk time alerts under "Run Settings > Alerts", they didn't work for Garmin coach workouts. How can you expect people to carry another stop watch to keep up the timings even after having an expensive Garmin Watch...? 

• Hi,

I have the same issue on my Fenix 5.

Any update from Garmin support?

Thanks!

• I have exactly same issue with my 935.

• Same exact issue in my run today. I  turn the alert for run/walk on but did not work. 

Any suggestion?

• I have the same issue with my Vivoactive 3. It would be great with a sollution. :-)

• Are there any changes/improvement planned? In Endomondo Premium Training Plans the intervals are strictly planned and there are voice alerts that enable users to follow them. It is very useful. Will it work like this in Garmin Coach?

• Looks like Garmin is not serious about it. They might be feeling that whatever they are doing is the best. Unfortunately, there is no dedicated support/online forum for Garmin Coach Plans. At least they should provide some channel to interact with Garmin Coaches/Technical team regarding GC bugs, issues & concerns.

• I notice the same thing on forerunners 45, I think I will carry my other Garmin watch which is Forerunner  235 and Start running on that as Well with alerts on I Want It i compared to watch anyway a bit annoying that you can't set up the alerts because before you start the training or any kind of activities you have an option to set alerts so why offer alerts when they not really working? I dont think its bug or something like that they simply forgot thinking about it to match with the training.  and now they dont want do it or it would be too complicated