This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2.70 - Unable to lower volume using headphone controls

Using JBL Reflect Mini 2 - before the 2.70 update I was able to control the music volume just fine, but after updating the watch only responds to the "volume up" function. Paired the headphones with my phone and both up/down is working so it's not an issue there. Tried unpairing/pairing them with the 245M again, power cycling - no go. Anyone else having this issue?

• Same issue, not able to lower the volume on my E8’s.. Garmin Forerunner 245M. All up to date. 

it is possible to upper the volume and everything else though. 

• Thanks Cooperaa for the workaround. I opened an incident with Garmin but never got a response.

• In case of the E8’s you can also lower the volume on the earbuds app. 

• I had the same issue with my JBL reflect flow earbuds, but after installing the 3.11 beta version of the forerunner 245M software, I am able to control the volume. Maybe this could solve the problem for others as well. 

• Did you find bugs on the beta 3.11 ? 
    I mean it is all other functions working well?

• All other functions in my case seem to work well, but I must be honest that I only have used the watch for plain running. I havent used it for pre-planned workouts, I haven't used the maps functionality or other sport activities other than running. Volume control is working in 3.11 beta, but not perfectly in the sense that after a connection failure or after using the airbuds with another device (phone) It might be that the volume control again stops functioning. To gain control over the volume again, I have to restart the watch and reconnect the earbuds. It is far from perfect, but at least now I can use my airbuds with the forerunner. 

• It is pretty crazy to think that we purchased a 245M version because of the music and it doesn’t function properly  with the earbuds. 
    Sorry when I wrote  about “working all other functions “ I know that is impossible to know it by now. I also basically use the functions for running so it should work for me too. 
    I will give the beta a try and I will post here the results with my E8 B&O earbuds. 
    Thank you! 

• I have contacted Garmin support for this issue, they were not able to give me an answer right away, but they have sended my problem report to the technical backoffice in the UK. They also mentioned that I should have a reply within a week, but that never happened. I therefore searched for other possibilities and so I came across the beta version of the software. I have also made a feedback report of the volume control issues of the beta version, so I hope that they can solve it before making 3.11 ready for release.

I absolutely feel you, I specifically bought the 245M because of the music, but it does not live up to the name. For a watch that costs as much as this watch, I expected a better product.

• Contacted Garmin and no update from them. Also firmware beta 3.11 did not fixed the issue here.

• Same here... still volume up is not working correctly.

I've noticed when I set volume at level 0 (mute) and I press volume up it works, but only in this case. When I press it again it doesn't work :( 

Is it really so hard to make it works? It's just volume...