HRM-PRO does not sync steps

Hi,

I am using Fenix 7x Sapphire Solar and HRM-PRO.

I've only encountered this issue once a month in the past, but recently it's been ongoing for about a month. Specifically, neither my watch nor the app on my phone are registering steps from the HRM-PRO strap. I usually wear the strap during volleyball training to track the session without having the watch get in the way of the ball.

Over the past month, I haven't been able to retrieve any steps from the heart rate strap. However, the watch and the app still show that the strap is connected (firmware and battery are fine) when I'm wearing it. It accurately measures heart rate and other data, but the steps are missing.

Previously, I resolved this by removing and reattaching the strap, then checking the detailed steps view on my watch, which would trigger a sync. But that no longer works.

I've also tried disconnecting (unpairing) the strap from both the watch and phone, and removing it from my phone's Bluetooth devices list. Unfortunately, none of that helped.

Additionally, I came across a post from about three years ago discussing a similar issue. It mentioned that steps won't sync if the training session with the strap (and without wearing the watch) happens within the connection range of the watch. My training sessions are typically within 30 meters of the watch at most, so could that be the problem?

Does anyone have any tips on what else I should try?

Thank you!