HRM Dual or Forerunner 55 broadcast heart rate with bluetooth?

Hi, the Garmin HRM Dual is connect to my Forerunner 55 via the ANT+ interface. That works fine. I'm trying to get real time heart rate information while running. The Garmin Connect App on the phone doesn't do any real time monitoring. It requires a "sync" to pull data out of the watch.

So I'm trying out various Android apps such as Wahoo, Hearttool, and acentas HR monitor, etc. All these apps can connect to the HRM Dual via bluetooth and no heart rate information is displayed. I don't think the HRM Dual is broadcasting anything.  So I tried a different approach. While the HRM Dual is connected to my Forerunner 55, I turned on broadcast heart rate setting on the "Wrist Heart Rate".

With that setting turned on, all the apps I mentioned before can connect to my Forerunner 55 via bluetooth and pick up the heart rate.

My question is: which device is the heart rate coming from?  Forerunner 55 is the device broadcasting the heart rate. But since the external HRM dual is connected, is it broadcasting that heart rate through the Forerunner 55? I want the measurements from the HRM dual as it's strapped to my chest so it must be more accurate than the watch.