Step counter

Hi All, 

I need your help /advice.

My illness has been progressing quite rapidly in the last half a year.

(I have Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis). 

It is very difficult to simply walk. I attempt to walk 3 times a day but a very short distance.

Unfortunately, I need to use Rollator. Ideally, every time I go outside because I stable, fall and injure myself.

Here comes the question. 

When I use Rollator, Instinct does not count my steps. I used it 3 times, always the same result. 

Is there an add on gadget that would count the steps when I use Rollator? 

Maybe I could fit it around my ankle or something? 

It would have to be synced with my Garmin account, so the steps would be added to the rest of my daily activities detected by Instinct? 

Thank you, 

Arthur 

• I will try this tomorrow but I believe it would be activated by now.

P. S.

Please, don't blame your English. For my "bloody foreigner" ears it sounds perfect! Maybe, if English is not your first language, it is so good.

• Alright, I give up. 1.3km with RDP in the lower pocket of my long cargo shorts. My watch failed to connect to the pod.

Probably by the end of the day I will order FR255 from Amazon.

£250 vs £300 in Garmin shop.

30 days return period. Should be enough to receive and test it with RDP. If all fail I should be able to return RDP to Garmin and the watch to Amazon and "forgive and forget".

Maybe maybe... my half orange will relent and let me go to Dignitas. 

• Placed the order FR255.

No music & No Chest Strap for Recording Heart Rate.

Ordered it from Garmin because on Amazon it was unclear about add-ons. I don't need them.

Let's hope I can pair it with RDP.

Regardless of the end result, I would like to thank all who answered my question.

Special thanks to 4684381. Thank you for your patience.

When I receive the watch and "attempt" to connect to RDP, I will come and post an update.

A.

• Let's see.

I looked at the possibility of connecting and checking ant+ devices from Android, there is an old version of the software, I tried it, it doesn't work.

In reality, FR255 remains.

• Alright, 

An update. 

I have received FR255. 

Configured it. Significantly easier, more intuitive, user friendly, than than Instinct. I really like it. If I had any future, I would definitely leave it and retire Instinct. 

Connecting RDP was the easiest part in the setup of FR255.

However, it doesn't detect any steps when I am walking with the Rollator. I tried it yesterday. 600m. Zero steps. I had it in my shorts pocket.

Today, in the morning, I attached it to Knee Support Brace that I always have on. Walked with the Rollator 100m. The same result. Zero steps.

The watch sees it and it is connected but doesn't detect any steps. 

On Wednesday I will initiate the return process.

As for the watch, my other half liked it. I am going to suggest her to try it out and see how it goes vs Lily® - Sport Edition she is using nowadays. If she likes it it stays.

Thank everyone who responded and tried to help me. 

Once again, special thanks to 4684381.

A

• Hi, are you starting an activity when doing this ? 

• Of course, how else would I know the distance I "walk". 

• I guessed so but wasnt sure.

I see this note talks about starting the pod by shaking it and seeing an icon , do you see same?

support.garmin.com/.../

• Guys and gals, external sensors (RD pod included) are not taken into account for the daily step count, no matter what. The only way to get steps counted is the internal step counter of the watch. A notable exception to this is the HRM Pro chest strap, when used properly, but I'm not sure how it would work in your case.