Inconsistent Heart Rate Readings with HRM-Dual: Seeking Solutions

Hey everyone,

I've been experiencing some inconsistencies with my HRM-Dual during workouts. Here are the different heart rate monitoring situations that occurred during the last month

1. There are times when the HR functions perfectly without any hiccups.
  2. At the start of some workouts, the heart rate (HR) reads too low initially but then corrects itself as the workout progresses. (I think this is just the pads not being moist enough)
  3. However, on other occasions, the HRM fails to provide new updates later in the workout, leaving me without real-time data. (this is the main problem)

I've tried adjusting the placement of the HRM-Dual during workouts, and while it has improved accuracy sometimes, it's not consistent. In one instance, moving the HRM-Dual seemed to temporarily restore the signal, but it disappeared again shortly afterwards (only a single point on the graph). Additionally, this measurement was still inaccurate.

I've encountered the same issues with both my FR245 watch and Edge 530.

I did notice that my strap has some slight damage. The plastic border around the grey rhombuses on the front has become loose in some places. Therefore, I'm thinking that replacing the strap may be the solution. I've had this damage for a while, but I haven't experienced significant problems until recently. (example below, occurs in multiple locations)

Has anyone else experienced similar issues with the HRM-Dual or have any suggestions on how to address this problem? I'd rather not buy a new strap If I have to buy a new sensor anyway.

Thanks in advance!