HRM-Pro issues after changing battery..

My HRM-Pro recently had to have its battery changed for the first time.  I've had other Garmin HRMs so I expected to change the battery and it not be an issue.  It has been an issue.  The gasket was a bit messed up so got a replacement from Garmin so it would seal properly.  

Now the battery lasts maybe a few days and its dead.  Using the same Energizer batteries I've always used.  Not many moving parts on these things but wondering if anyone has experienced the same? 

The replacement batteries never seem to last as long as the original one, but a few workouts and a few days is a bit too short.  

Top Replies

All Replies

• I would look into the reversing polarity of battery fix on their website (think it hard resets it) ?  Not sure if applicable to this strap, would contact support about it or look in the documentation.  would hate to fry it on ya.

• That's definitely not in the Pro user manual or troubleshooting but I did find some references to that on a Zwift forum.  Not sure the negative would even contact the positive leads on the edge of the battery?  

I just opened it again and there was a little water underneath the battery by the center/negative terminal and the battery is dead.  Tested it with my meter.  

Guess the new gasket isn't sealing as well.  I've never had any issue replacing the battery in one of these style HRM's from Garmin... may reach out to support again.  

• Guess the new gasket isn't sealing as well.

There are a number of posts from people who have had a similar experience. Unfortunately the strap is probably toast. Might be worth contacting Garmin Support and see if you can get something sorted with regards to a replacement. Note that the HRM-Pro+ was produced specifically to solve the issue with the gasket. It has a different cover for the battery but otherwise is the same. 

• I clicked on a 'related' link to the right of my post and you're right.  Found a multi page post and decided to contact Garmin... they are going to replace it with a Pro Plus.  Problem solved!

• Just changed the battery on a HRM-Pro+ and now its dead. Problem definitely not solved by the redesign. 

Why does GARMIN not sell the gaskets? Having to throw away the whole thing after the battery dies is not just  expensive but also produced needless e-waste