This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

920XT & Run Dynamics not working w new strap

Frustrated. My original strap and sensor were toast.  past warranty, and the sensor kind of disintigrated around the screws when I tried to change battery.   So ordered a new one.  Looked exactly the same, for $50 on amazon.  It's Garmin HRM "Dual".   Wondered why my watch no longer shows Ground contact time, and balance.  So I look up the Dual, and it says it doesn't provide those.   If I read correctly you now have to buy a $130 strap called the Pro Plus, or the Pro to get run dynamics.  I am beyond steamed about this.  First....there's no warning of any time in the garmin sections about losing run dynamics.  Secondly....it looks to me like planned obsolescence, and a huge price gouge.  I'm most certainly NOT spending more than double for a new strap.  But I WOULD like a response from Garmin on whether they'd simply replace my original at no cost to me, now that I have a new strap that doesn't do what the original did.