This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Erratic heart rate data with the HRM Pro Plus in combination with the Garmin Fenix 7X in RUN mode

Hi all,

I'm having a lot of trouble with erratic heart rate data when using my Garmin Fenix 7X in combination with the HRM Pro Plus. When I run my heart rate will stay between 140-45 no matter the speed. I've a run 6:00 min/km or 3:30 min/km, the same heart rate. In the beginning I was doubting myself but now I know for sure (with a lot of testing) it's really erratic data.

I've had a lot of trouble with previous versions of the HRM and received a new HRM 3 times already because it stopped working. But now I don't think the problem is with the HRM Pro Plus, but specifically using it in RUN mode on the Garmin Fenix 7X. The funny thing is, when I use it on my Garmin Edge 830 when road cycling, the values are spot on and directly responding when I change my effort.

I'm sure my HRM Pro Plus is connected when I run, because I DO get the extra data in my run analysis like ground contact time L/R balance, vertical ratio and oscillation, ground contact time, respiration rate, stride length etc. Data that the watch doesn't record on it's own.

I'm absolute desperate solving this and can't find anyone online that has the same problem. I hope someone can help me with this... Thanks a lot. 

Watch: fēnix® 7X – Sapphire Solar Edition - Software version 11.28

HR strap: HRM Pro Plus - Software version 8.8