This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM-Pro plus questions

Hi, question from an owner of a Forerunner 965. I understand that the HRM excels in the accuracy of the hearth rate. Are there any other reasons to buy this heart rate strap? E.g. Does the HRM-Pro provide additional running analysis compared to my watch worth buying. Cadence, stride etc is already monitored by the 965.
Other question, I also own a really nice dress watch, which I wear as much as possible during normal working days. Unfortunately I cannot monitor my hr, steps, body battery etc. Can I substitute the watch with the band in order to receive and monitor these metrics?

• Does the HRM-Pro provide additional running analysis compared to my watch worth buying. Cadence, stride etc is already monitored by the 965

Yes, but like the HR metrics improved by measuring your hearts electricity, also the accuracy of that metrics might be improved by an external device, that is not shaken around with your arms swing, but placed centralized and only moves with your whole body. I say might, as I have never done any A/B comparison.
    I used the HRM Pro with FR245, FR255 and keep using it with my FR955.

Unfortunately I cannot monitor my hr, steps, body battery etc. Can I substitute the watch with the band in order to receive and monitor these metrics?

Yes, yes, no.

See
    https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/682155#specs

STAND-ALONE ACTIVITY MONITORING (STEPS, ALL-DAY HEART RATE, CALORIES AND INTENSITY MINUTES) USING PHYSIO TRUEUP“