This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Polar Verity Sense Drops Out

The Polar Verity Sense drops out when connected with ANT+ to my 955. It's rock solid with either BT Channel, but drops out intermittently, whether outside or on the Treadmill. This isn't a problem with the 935. I haven't found any reports on this issue. Has anyone else had this issue?

• I don’t own that device, but if it is really rock solid using BT  - why not connect it to the FR 955, using BT?

Wear the device (it has to be active), go to settings- sensors - …
    There is info section where you can see how it is connected (BT or ANT+). For sensors that support both connection types it should be able to change the connection type used. Do that and see if it is better.

• Is this suggestion serious? How could I know it's rock solid if I didn't know how to connect the sensor via BT? 

WHY: In the gym, I prefer to connect my watch to the sensor via ANT+ and the Treadmill to the HRM via BT. The Verity has 2 BT channels, but if I connect the sensor to the watch via BT, then sometimes the Treadmill won't connect to the second channel. It wants to connect to the primary BT channel. However, if the watch is on ANT+ the Treadmill will find the BT channel immediately. 

• Yeah, sorry I wanted to help.

All the things you wrote now I unfortunately could not read from your original posting.

Can you connect the threadmill to the HRM via ANT+?
    ANT+ is a 1:many protocol and maybe it would be helpful, if the sensor would not be active with 2 different protocols at the same time.
    I never had problems with FR255/955 connected with HRM Dual and Concept2 Rower and at the same time HRM Dual with the rower, all over ANT+

• Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the treadmills at my gym only support BT. I'm aware of the 1-to-many feature of ANT+, which is one of the reasons I use it as my default. 

Day-to-day I like to use the Verity because it's very comfortable and very accurate up to sub-threshold efforts. If I do an interval session at the gym, I use the HRM Pro+, which gives me all of the dynamics and it is supports ANT+ and BT without a problem. However, I like to save this unit for the important workouts to minimize the wear (both resistance and wear and tear) because you can't replace the band.

BTW, I just used my Polar H10 via ANT+, with the FR955, and it drops out just like the Verity. So, I think that Polar/Garmin are not playing nice when it comes to ANT+ on the FR955. As mentioned, the FR935 doesn't show this issue for some reason. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member 10 months ago in reply to waslin
    [deleted]
  • Thanks for the reply.

Last week I took a bike ride with the Verity paired only to the FR955 via ANT+. It had a few, 2-3 minute drop-outs on an hour ride. Also last week, I ran on the TM with the Verity paired to the 955 using ANT+ and also paired to the TM using BT. I had "Allow 2 BT channels" set to on. I experienced intermittent drop-out to the FR955, but no dropouts to the TM. The TM session was recorded by the TM and posted to their site, without any gaps in the data. So, the Verity is generating data without interruption.

On the H10, I've always had the "Allow 2 channels" set to off and the Gym link on. I'll play with different combos to see if it solves the problem. 

Thanks again for the insights.