This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Watch ran out of battery during a workout

Hi guys, 

This morning i've started a 10km run with Fenix 6 and an HRM Pro Plus. Around 3km the watch turned off because of the battery, however i continued the run. 

When i came home i've immieaditetly charged the watch , went into history and pressed download HR, but still showed 3k run in the activity. i was under the impression that the HRM Pro Plus keeps recording even if the watch turned off after starting the activity, 

Ive search the forums, google, gamrin's website but found nothing to restore the full workout.

Any solution?

Kind regrds,

George

• i was under the impression that the HRM Pro Plus keeps recording even if the watch turned off after starting the activity

Yes, it does record your HR and the steps - and those you should see in Garmin Connect.

But of course it has no GPS and thus cannot know, what distance you made after the watch shut down. Also the HRM cannot know, when you stopped your activity, it simply „stupid“ records HR and steps.

What works on supported watches (Fenix 6 should be among it): Start an activity with HRM Pro connected, leave the watch behind, do your workout, come back and stop the activity on the watch. It will then download HR and steps from the HRM and store it into the activity.
    Obviously, this is meant for indoor activities only or things like football, where you are not allowed to wear a watch.

Still, it will not work, when the watch shuts down in between because of low battery.

found nothing to restore the full workout.

Have you tried to edit the existing activity and correct the time you ran and the distance manually in Garmin Connect?
    HR data and steps should be there, GPS won’t be obviously.

• Yes, anything but accurate, had to find similar workout and figure it out. The question still remains, why HR was no recorded throughout the workout?

• The question still remains, why HR was no recorded throughout the workout?

Is your HRM Pro registered in Garmin Connect App?

Have you synced it?

• Yes it is registered

• Ok, then it should sync.

If it doesn’t, I don’t know why, sorry. Should work like written in my first post.

• i was under the impression that the HRM Pro Plus keeps recording even if the watch turned off after starting the activity, 

As far as the strap is concerned, when the activity is stopped there is no activity for the HR data on the watch to match with. For HR data to be downloaded to an activity, an activity must be started and remain active. If for any reason the activity stops then the HR will also stop storing data specifically related to that activity.

• UPDATE: The HRM Pro Plus was paired but not registered in Garmin Connect App. And this is where things get complicated. Until it was paired but NOT registered , the intensity minutes (which were set by me in zone 4 & 5) where calculated accurately after each workout.

Now after registering the HRM in Garmin Connect app the following happens: An activity is started and then stopped by me. The watch displays 43 intensity minutes. The belt is still on me until i reach home , but as i've said the activity has been stopped. Few minutes later the 43 minutes suddenly become 70. This happens 3 times after registering the HRM. 

Today i had to completely remove the HRM from Garmin connect and pair it again but not register it.

Any idea what's going on?