This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin HRM TRI overall life question

How long should the garmin hrm tri band last? I don't mean the battery, but the overall life.

The belt is 3 years old, used twice a week on average. Now I have outages when receiving my garmin watch (Forerunner 945). They repeatedly connect and disconnect, or remain unconnected. Or it disconnects in th middle of the running. Only used for running/walking/cycling, not swimming. I tried all options, changing different batteries, even the best quality Energizer, cleaning, checking, resetting, all the advice that was on the internet. The o-ring is fine, no water ingress is visible anywhere. The right part of the waist is glued (cover rubber on the waist) but it worked for quite a while even with this gluing, so I dont suppose it is a reason (may be yes...)

Unfortunately, I don't have the option to connect the strap to other watches, but I don't think that the current firmware in the watch would have any problem. I didn't see anything in forum.

I also haven't tried resetting the entire watch to factory settings, I don't want to do that yet, the watch works fine

Is it time replace it? Any futher ideas?