This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM PRO not showing heartrate although connected to Fenix 6

Hi,

When I am wearing my Garmin HRM PRO it correctly connects to my Garmin Fenix 6 via ant+.
The watch is showing it is connected correctly and that the battery is ok, but no heartrate is shown.

Tried this several times and even removed the sensor from the list and searched/connected again.
Still no success.

With my android-tablet running the Tacx app I have a similar problem, it connects to the app but it doesn't show a heart-rate.

So it looks like the HRM-PRO cannot pickup my heart-beat anymore.
I used to work fine before in all combinations.

What could be wrong? is my HRM-PRO broken?

regards,

martijn

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago

solved

• Did not run yet. I have an injury that prevented me from running for the last 5 months. And most likely for another few months. So it is difficult to try the running dynamics.

2 months back, I opened the hrm-pro to replace the battery. hrm-pro indicated that the battery was not good anymore.

After replacing everything was fine again.

The first battery lasted for 11 months.

I will try to remove the battery this evening to see if I can get the hrm-pro revived. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to mvdc2806

solved

• HRM will not show hart rate on your watch outside of activity, It is default setting and is described in manual. 
    Regarding connection with mobile or tablet, you will not have real time readings, only what you will have is possibility to download heart rate from HRM-Pro through Garmin Connect when you will wear it during the day. It is also described in manual. 

• Others have commented that the Fenix doesn't get heart rate from the HRM except while recording an activity. But it should also get HRM also when actually within the full view of the HR widget. Another way to test it is to do an HRV stress test. It won't do the test unless it's connected to and getting data from the HRM.

• I was trying it during a cycling activity.  That is why I currently don't have run dynamic info. But the heartrate should be visible. 

This is normally also possible on an app on the tablet Ike in zwift or the garmin-tacx app.

Currently both are not working 

• Oh yeah, if it's not showing in a cycling activity something is wrong... best of luck!

• I think you complicated it all. 

Do like this: switch off HRM build in your watch, connect with external sensor, go for couple minutes run, of course with activity initiated on the watch. End activity and check stats on the watch or Garmin Connect. 
    I you will see running dynamics and heart rate everything is fine. 

Regarding mobile, pair it via Bluetooth with Garmin connect. Wear the strap without watch, check after some time in GC heart rate data. 
    If you will see such data everything is fine. 

After that you might start to resolve why you don’t see these data in zwift.