This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensor Conflict and activity tracking

Hi everyone, 

I have a problem when it comes to tracking my activities using my Garmin Epix Gen2. 

The watch is great, but handling the sensors there seems to be an issue: 

I usually track running outside / or virtual run and have a Stryde foot pod in addition to my Garmin watch. This works fine. Garmin knows the footpod sensor and connects automatically. 

Cycling outside works fine as well. 

However, when it comes to cycling indoors, there is a major problem:

I use a bike trainer (kickr). This trainer has a pwr sensor and cadence sensor, known to the Epix watch. However, it seems as if the Garmin watch gets PWR from the stryde footpod (my shoes are probably 5-10m away doing nothing :) ). So calories and activity is not recorded properly. 

HOW can I make virtual cycling get PWR from the Kickr bike trainer without removing the stryde sensor altogether? I assume Garmin thinks the stryde footpod is doing nothing, therefore there is no real effort. 

I hope you can understand the conflict here. 

Thanks for your help. 

Andy

• The issue here is that technically you actually have two bike power meters, because stryd transmits power data in the cycling power profile, although in fact it's not a real cycling power meter. There is no obvious way of telling the watch that it should prefer the trainer's power meter over stryd's power meter, although it is not necessary to completely remove the stryd sensor. Simply disabling it temporarily in the sensor settings should do. It's a hassle, but no other method comes to my mind.

• Try to connect the Stryd as a footpod only. Not as a power meter. Using that setup you still get all Stryd data when running (including power) and  the watch should then connect to the Kickr as power meter without issues. There is no need to have the Stryd connected as power meter.

That works for me at least.