This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM-Pro battery draining

My HRM-Pro, that I've had for about 3 years, has a problem with the battery draining.  I'll go on a run, sweat a lot, and then it quits working.  It's missing the red oblong gasket that goes on the outside of the sensor.  But before that it was doing the same thing. I sweat excessively (and I live in a hot climate).  This $130 is useless if it won't stay on long enough to get any data.

Does anyone have a spare oval/oblong shaped gasket?

Has anyone discovered another way to seal it to keep moisture out of the battery compartment?

• Have you asked Garmin support for the gasket?

• The HRM-Pro has only been available for two years and has a yellow cover. The seal for the electronics is an O-ring inside the device which is only accessible when you take it apart (remove the screws) for a battery swap.

Whatever HRM you actually have (red "gasket" suggests HRM-RUN), assuming a similar design, I doubt very much that the external "gasket" has any effect as a water seal. Maybe your O-ring is damaged or improperly seated. Or you might have cracked the internals with over-tightening or uneven tightening of the screws. I would look more closely inside before you worry about any red or yellow external "gasket".