This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Customer Service missing in action

Have had 4, yes 4, HRM strap monitors now in past 3+ years.    Had to buy 2 replacements.  Garmin supplied 1 only.      Its wrong that these things don't last at least 3 years or so.  

Now 4th one stopped after 13 months.     "Jared" at customer support is non responsive.    I asked for this to be handled.   No response.   Horrible quality.     Have used Garmin on plane, boat, marathons and ironmans.      I have an expectation of quality but Garmin is failing..........

• Which country? What is your warranty length?

In the UK I just had my HRM-PRO replaced about 21 months after purchase, with a two year warranty. I phoned on Friday the 5th, had a brief chat, sent in a couple of photos by email and had my replacement delivered yesterday (10th) by UPS. I was not required to send in my old strap.

Hard to complain about that level of service.

• this is a joke? You seriously have given us ZERO information to help your case. The time you wasted writing this post could have been used to dial the 1800 number. 

I have never had a bad experience with Garmin CS. Judging by the tone of this post, you sound like a pain to deal with. 

• USA.    Using Garmins many years for multiple things.   The old HRM  strap/monitor worked for 3-4 years fine.   Bought new one to replace and lasted less than a year.  Emailed Garmin CS and an Annie helped nicely.  Got one to replace, then had to replace it.   No problems.   Now 14mo later, toast.  Last response after my request to Garmin to do something about it was met with air it out, then no response by a Jared.      Just want one to work for awhile.   My 920 watch is great, and don't care for the new watches or the wrist hrm style.         I've spent alot of money on Garmin radars, guidance, weather, for planes boats so to me its frustrating.   

Thanks for your input. 

• Judging by the guys response above he must work for Garmin.    At least they monitor public opinion, perhaps responding to my many emails would be better to resolve issues by customers who have spent alot with Garmin products and own Garmin stock.