This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Speed drops in SUP with HRM-Pro Ant+

I recently started to notice speed constantly dropping to zero for like 1~2 seconds during water activities (sup).

GPS signal was full. 

After some tests I realized it is occurring when using my HRM-Pro (with Fenix 7).

Changing HRM connection to BLE instead of Ant+ seems to fix this. But it's still weird. Pls Garmin fix this one more bug.

And include stroke fields in kayak activity to make it useful.

• Still happening after Fenix7 9.24 beta update.

• From what you are describing this sounds like a fenix 7 series problem and not an HRM-Pro problem. You may find more feedback from other users on fenix 7 series forum. (These forums are primarily user-to-user with very little direct input from Garmin staff.)

• Might be the case. But I believe the problem started after HRM Pro 8.80 firmware update.

• I'm a kayaker, and I'm facing the same problem. The problem started after updating my HRM Pro to version 8.80. If I paddle under 11 km/h, the speed drops to 0 km/h every few seconds. If I paddle over 11 km/h, the speed is correct. No problem if I paddle without my HRM Pro at any speed.

• I think I found the solution.

In the watch menu, under sensors / HRM Pro, I disabled all the new options related to new indoor measurements, including auto calibration. 

Funny thing is when I disabled auto calibration there was a message saying it should be disabled when running outdoor. This message should show when enabling it (I don't remember if it all came enabled by default after the update). Also it wasn't supposed to affect activities other than running. So really a bug. But at least there's this workaround now.