This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BUG: If HRM Pro is set to provide Speed and Distance for one watch, other watches do not recieve running dynamics

I used an HRM Pro connected to 4 (yes 4) for an experiment (see https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-6-series/301347/hrm-pro-fw-8-80-or-plus-for-improving-distance-and-pace-related-problems-for-outside-running-on-the-f6)

I have noticed that Running Dynamics were missing from the Fenix 6 and Fenix 7.The 255 DID get running dynamics.

All were connected by ANT and the HRM Pro shows in the activity summaries as being connected.

Running dynamics are missing (therefore no power either)

•  I don’t think it’s anything to do with the speed and distance setting. I’ve found in the past that the strap will only supply run dynamics to the first connected watch if multiple watches are connected. Never seen it as a problem. 

• I regularly use multiple watches and previously everything got RD for me - only thing that changed was using Pace / Distance. Possibly coincidence.

That is interesting feedback though - RD are part of the ANT+ specification and ANT+ is explicitely a 1:many protocol. So while you personally may not see it as a problem, it definately is. I think using RD must subtley change some timings which may incur a 'listener' to miss them?

• As a follow up to this, having disabled Pace / Distance from the HRM Pro ALL connected watches recieve Running Dynamics again (as before)