This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I have two mountain bikes - What is the cheapest way to have Garmin 955 know which bike I'm riding?

I want to track how much I ride each mountain bike under the same MTB activity.  In Garmin Connect it shows the bike i ride but i have to set that manually if i did not ride my default bike.  Is there a cheap/easy sensor that i can attach to my bike that will allow Garmin to know which bike I'm actually riding?

Thanks

• No, there is no other way than doing it manually. It’s a Garmin Connect Limitation. You can only set one pair of shoes as default for everything you do in the area of running and only one bike for all cycling. 
    Everything else has to be curated manually. 
    (its not even able to handle a road bike for road activities and a MTB for the trails)

• Thank you for the answer.

• You could have a different profile for each bike on your device and then track usage through the 'totals' in the device as it breaks it down between profiles.  I am mainly speaking from edge unit experience here

• I have the following solution for that - I set up "!not set" shoes (bike in your case) and made it default - and then change it after a ride. In case distance is different from 0 - then you missed to change in some activity.