This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Adding hrm after multisport activity is started

I have a Garmin Felix 5 Plus and a Wahoo Tickr and I’m competing in a triathlon. I wanted to know if I can add my hrm when I get out of the swim if I don’t have it connected at the beginning. I’m planning on getting a Garmin HRM-Pro but was first trying to see if I enjoy swimming and triathlons before I buy one. 

• Why not wear the strap in the swim? Even before the HRM-Pro I always wore my strap in the swim - going back to the original hard plastic one that I bought with my 305 and used with my 310XT, 910XT etc.

To answer your question, provided the strap is already paired to the watch the activity should pick up the strap when you put it on.

• As far as I understand the Wahoo Tickr is not waterproof. Wouldn’t that ruin it?

• They're IPX7 which is waterproof up to 5' so possibly fine under a wetsuit as it is not directly exposed to water. However, you might want to check with Wahoo. But as I said, provide the strap is already paired to the watch it should be picked up by the activity when you put it on. 

Why not try it and see? Go for a swim then put the strap on and go for a bike/run.

• Everything inside a wetsuit is directly exposed to water, that’s the reason why it is a wet- and not a drysuit (those would be a pia for a competition). 

You can not only put a paired step on mid-activity, but also pair a new one if you need to. If it is a running dynamics capable one, this data will start to record mid activity. 
    Tempe also works this way and the Core bodytemp sensor, with its Connect IQ data field, also. 

• You were right! It worked perfectly and didn’t destroy my hrm. Thanks!

• Everything inside a wetsuit is directly exposed to water,

it is not the same thing as dunking the strap directly in water. I get damp inside my wetsuit not soaking wet.