This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM- DUAL Battery life

Used for a maximum of 6 hours a week linked to my Garmin 520 Edge I get between 8 to 10 weeks before battery needs replacement. Garmin state up to 3.5 years before. Tried a whole range of 2032 batteries from Duracell to Kodak. Garmin have changed the HRM but no change. What's happening here ????? 

• The sensor doesn't go to sleep for some reason. How do you store the strap when not in use?

• After 12 months of use my HRM is also suffering from heavy battery usage. Had it for 2 years now and replaced 5 batteries. Not very happy and since you're not getting any response here I'll be looking for another brand for ANT+/BT combo.

• This problem persists with Garmin offering no answers. The battery in HRM is being changed regularly. When not operating the HRM  belt is not in communication with any device so why is it running down every 12 - 16 weeks ????

• Having the same problem. The HRM DUAL has been a great device for a few years and batteries would last 12 or more months with regular use. Now in the past three months, batteries last 4-6 weeks. Is there a way to access the device to ensure its going to sleep?

• tmk2 alluded to the problem (above) 2 years ago but didn't spell it out.   The manual is similarly vague " To prolong the life of your heart rate monitor, unsnap the module when not in use."   If you leave the device attached to the strap and roll the strap up for storage, the two chest contact patches can touch, and the device will keep transmitting.  Just search for bluetooth devices using a phone or laptop a few minutes after taking it off - if it shows up it's not sleeping..

• Thanks.....just about to replace another 2032 battery after 14 weeks. I do roll up the chest band so I will try your suggestion.  However I recall a few years ago I used to unclip and it made no difference