This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can you use HRM Swim for running?

My HRM Tri seems to be giving out. Took long before it had good contact with my FR945 the last runs and now after a new battery doesn't connect at all anymore.

I also have an HRM Swim that I've never used before. I know it doesn't have all the same data as HRM Tri but actually I only need correct heart rate data during running.

Can this also be used for running or will that be very unpractical in some way?

(I'm asking because I could also sell the HRM Swim as new and buy a new HRM Tri or Pro maybe)

• My HRM Tri seems to be giving out. Took long before it had good contact with my FR945 the last runs and now after a new battery doesn't connect at all anymore.

I also have an HRM Swim that I've never used before. I know it doesn't have all the same data as HRM Tri but actually I only need correct heart rate data during running.

Can this also be used for running or will that be very unpractical in some way?

(I'm asking because I could also sell the HRM Swim as new and buy a new HRM Tri or Pro maybe)

• Yes.  The strap is designed to slip less while swimming, but it can be used for running as well.  As you said, you won't get any running dynamics, but it will track HR just as your Tri did. 

• Thanks.....than the plastic is coming off this Sunday for my next run. Hope it is as comfortable as the HRM Tri.

• Technically, the HRM-Swim will work for running (or any other activity for that matter). The only downside is that the strap is less elastic and less breathable, it can be a little more tricky to fit, and certainly less comfortable than the HRM-Tri.