This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM-Pro Beta 7.40 Now Available

Download 

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Change History

Changes made from version 7.10 to 7.40:

• Fix for 'No HR Data' failure when downloading stored heart rate after a swim activity (or other activity where your watch is out of range).

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Garmin watch to your computer using the USB cable. Note: Some watches such as the Garmin Swim 2, the Forerunner 945 LTE, and other older watches do not support this update.
  2. Download and unzip HRM-Pro_740Beta.zip. Place the 6B330003.GCD file in the \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. Put on the HRM-Pro.
  4. Disconnect your watch from the computer.
  5. Navigate to your sensor (Menu->Sensors & Accessories->HR - HRM-Pro:xxxxxx).
  6. If the status isn't already shown as 'Connected', select 'Connect'.
  7. Scroll down and select 'Software Update 7.40'.
  8. Approve the update on the watch and wait for the update to finish. Note: Ensure the watch and HRM-Pro are within range of one another throughout the update. The HRM-Pro will not go to sleep during the update, so you can remove it and place it next to the watch.
  • I guess I could remove the battery again

I don't think that would hurt.  It may be the 7.40 only stops the HRM Pro going into a state where store and forward doesn't work, rather than fixing it if it's already happened; so a battery out for 5-10 minutes 'reset' might well sort things out.  Obviously I was on the older software when I did the last battery out trick 3 weeks ago, so 7.40 was installed when things were still OK on my HRM Pro.  The real test will be if store and forward is still working after a month(ish) on 7.40 (using the battery out trick on the old software, I typically got around 3-4 weeks before things went bad again).

• it seems to work for me using the Fenix 5. I did only a 5 min workout without the watch and it seems to download the heart rate. I will do a longer check if it still works

• Worked for me on Monday and then failed on Tuesday Pensive

• It works partially. Actually now it downloads the heart rate from the strap, but it has the same configuration of HRM tri. When the data is stored it actually calculate accurately the calories, but intensity minutes, active calories, training status and the other metrics ARE NOT UPDATED as the watch data (there is no data as it was out of range) is used to calculate the metrics.

it is very disappointing for me, as i acquired this strap to solve the issue I had with HRM-tri, but it remains the same.

I have mentioned in the past to garmin support, this should be solved if the strap data overrun the watch data in the calculation of all metrics. 

looking forward to have this issue solved or garmin just states that its watch are not meant to be used in grappling sports or any other that you don´t hold on your wrist.

• This worked for me, updates off my edge 830, tested on a walk and left my watch at home and then went real deal with a workout and the watch in my bag.

No gaps and training load accurate, thanks for the help!

• "Scroll down and select 'Software Update 7.40" - I haven`t Update 7.40 on Forruner 920 XT. Can anybody help?

• I was facing the bug where the HR store and forward policy was not working between my Fenix 6X Pro and my HRM-Pro.
    I tried the proposed solution of taking off the battery from the strap for a few minutes to reset it, and it partially worked.

Now the HR data is correctly downloaded at the end of a swimming session, and I can see the HR data on the website or on the phone app, but still I cannot see the HR data on the watch itself, it always shows 0 :/

I am updating the FW now, hoping that this problem will be solved as well...

Anyone else is facing it, by the way?

Thanks
    Luca

• No luck... even with the updated firmware, the activity on the watch doesn't show any HR data, and all the connected metrics are of course false :/

Everything looks good online, though

Very disappointed :(

• I start my watch slightly ahead of getting into the pool.  That seems to work.

If there is still no HR data then I go into the history on the watch and Ind the last swim, then scroll through the menu to Download Heart Rate

• I do the same, and I make sure there is a connection with the HR strap.
    I can download the HR data now without any issue.

If you go in the activity details, do you see the HR data there?

This is what I can see for 1h swimming, no HR data and of course a veeeeeery low load despite the 2.5k...

The same is confirmed in Garmin Connect, but at least there I can see the HR Data