This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM pro hr different upright vs bent over when cycling

So I used the HRM pro on my indoor bike trainer and the heart rate varied significantly when I was leaning forward with my hands on the handlebars vs sitting upright with my hands not on the bars. Anyone else have this issue? Or am I just not wearing the strap correctly?

• I've seen it over the years on my indoor trainer with both HRM-PRO and TickR. HR rises when I sit up and need to engage my core more. It also rises when I take one hand from the bars for a drink. It all seems quite correct and not a problem with strap or fitting. 

• Not sure if you realize the body/brain lowers your heartrate when you head becomes level/lower than your heart.

It's an evolutionary thing. Try watching it off the bike in various positions. Also watch what happens when you raise your hands to shoulder height or "hold" your shoulders with your hands or cross your arms with hands near neck.. BPM should radically change.

Other than that, try aloe vera gel or contact gel on the pads to make sure you are getting full/complete electrical signal through and not some loss when leaning.