This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin straps not reliable

when my HRM-Run stopped working I bought a dual. now the dual is working intermittently and last 2 times out broke link quarter mile from finish. I've had no end of frustrations with 2 straps and in desperation am considering buying yet a third one. but I expect a new one won't work any better than the first 2. do we just have to conclude that the Garmin HR straps are not worth buying. I'd love to know what the total success across all users with the things is. how about, "Is one model more reliable than another?"  so most users' straps crap out on them. obviously people are having a lot of problems based on posts in this forum.     .....  comments?    how about some Garmin techs weighing in.

• Start by Changing the Battery.

Wet the Strap Before Wearing it. Make Sure it is Not Too Loose.

• I have the same problems as you. Wet intensive and use contact gel, changing battery etc. But yet my second gave up on me giving way to high readings. I’ ll buy a Polar h10 now. 

• I pre-apologize for the rant, but it seems relevant ;-)

I've had two HRM-RUN, one of the old "premium", and all Garmin fabric straps are hilariously unreliable.  They are so ridiculously sensitive to static. I went for a run today and 10 minutes in my wrist HR on Fenix 6 was showing 80 while the HRM-RUN was showing 152.  It wasn't until 35 minutes into a 50 minute run that the HRM-RUN and the Wrist sensor came within 20 beats of each other.  Then they were OK for a while until I turned a corner and hit some headwind, instantly the breeze rippling my shirt added another 20-30 beats to the HRM-RUN.

My 2010 era hard plastic Garmin strap was dramatically superior and my 2014 era Motorola fabric HRM was also way better. Both eventually died from sweat getting past the seals.

Wetting the strap helps but doesn't completely solve the problem, particularly if I'm wearing a synthetic shirt.

• Is it Working Fine with a Cotton Shirt ?