This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM-Tri Disconnects When Running or During Other Dynamic Activities

Lately, my HRM-Tri disconnects during any impact-based activity, like, for example, running. During non-impact activities, like cycling on the trainer, it works. Regardless, the next day after washing it and leaving it to try, HRM-Tri will no longer connect. I have to open it, remove and fix the battery again. 

What I've noticed is that when I open the battery casing, the battery is loose. Typically, the battery is very well fixed and even requires taps from the back of the sensor to remove it. This no longer happens. I've purchased new CR2032 batteries, and they all have the same issue.

Can the disconnects be related? Ultimately the HR monitor is working; it's just very annoying that it keeps disconnecting and requires me to open and fix the battery again. Any ideas? 

• the battery is loose.

That's the issue. I just replaced the battery in my HRM-Tri yesterday. The battery sits quite tight in my unit. So there's something wrong with your sensor.

• I've purchased new CR2032 batteries, and they all have the same issue.

Are these from a well known brand or a cheap 'no name' bulk buy?

A genuine CR2032 battery should be 20mm (±0.25mm) in diameter and 3.2mm thick.

There are also the similar CR2025 and CR2016 which have the same diameter but are 2.5mm and 1.6mm thick respectively. (There is also a CR2045 which is 4.5mm thick.)

• These are well-known brand CR2032 batteries. I would even say from the market leader in batteries. I double and triple-checked they are, in fact, 2032. What I also noticed is that they don't fit snug on my HRM-Swim. The thing is, because the HRM swim is used in a non-impact activity, it has never come loose. 

Do you by any chance know what the brand battery that comes pre-packed with the HRM products is? I might try to buy the same one. 

• Do you by any chance know what the brand battery that comes pre-packed with the HRM products is?

My HRM-Dual has a Panasonic battery. My HRM-Run and HRM-Tri came with Sony and Samsung batteries.

Currently, I am using Duracell batteries with good results so far. Previously I was using Panasonic.

• Thanks! I'll def. try to use one of those brands to see if it works. I'll report back after I've tested them. 

• For reference, this is what the battery contacts should look like.

(Note: This is an HRM-Run, but the contact arrangement in my HRM-Tri is identical.)