This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My HRM Pro does not sync steps, heart rate or intensity minutes

Hi,

I recently bought the new HRM Pro HR Strap and connected it to my phone (iphone xs max), Garmin Connect App and my Watch, Fenix 5 Plus sapphire.

It's connected to my watch via ant+ and to my phone/garmin app via bluetooth and all the connections seems to work fine. I can start an activity on my watch and get readings from the HRM Pro, heart rate, steps, cadence etc. But when I only wear the strap without the watch it doesn't update the watch or my Garmin app with stored heart rate, steps and intensity minutes, which was the main reason i got the HRM Pro.

As an example, this morning i woke up and hit the bath room, brushed my teeth and looked at the watch - 246 steps. I did a little test, took of my watch, put on my HRM Pro strap and went to the grocery store approximately 250m away (should end up in 500m return - left both my phone and watch home) When I got back, I started the Garmin App and could se both my watch and my HRP Pro connected to the app, but nothing happened with the step count nor the heart rate. I saw it tried to sync my watch but nothing changed when it came to steps. 

So my question - am I doing it wrong? Or is something wrong with the strap? Isn't this one of the main features wit the HRM Pro to be able to leave your watch at home while going to the office, store or just taking a walk without starting an activity and then download the data to your app and watch via true-up?

If anyone has encountered the same problem, please hit me up. Frustrating as ***.

Thanks

Jonas

• Did It add a New Activity to Garmin Connect. ?

Also Try a Brand New Battery, This worked for another Forum Member.

• It did not add a new activity to garmin connect. If I wear the strap, take a five minute walk outside, leaving my phone and watch at home just letting the HRM Pro fetch data and I get back home, pickup my phone approximately 20cm from my strap, start the Garmin App on the phone, I can see that my HRM Pro is syncing for a few seconds but no steps or HR or any data is uploaded to the Garmin app.

Just now I used the HRM Pro for a regular run parired to my watch via ANT+, (Running activity), 10K run, that worked like a charm. It synced all the data to my watch, and my watch updated the Garmin App. Just like any other HRM strap (Run, Tri, Dual...).

So my issue is that the HRM Pro is not uploading stored data to my Phone/Garmin App via Bluetooth. My Phone and Garmin App says my HRM Pro is connected, no warnings.

I will try to change the battery to a brand new one.

• Totally buggy for me too.  I wear my HRM-Pro when I recharge my Fenix5S.  I seem to always have issues syncing the steps/HR when the HRM is away from my watch and/or phone.  Today, I had to remove the HRM from my Garmin Devices in Garmin Connect, and re-add.  Once I did that, the extra steps and the HR information transferred over.  Definitely buggy.

• Do you have also an iphone? I want to buy a HRM PRO to use primarily without a watch.My phone is on android.

Should i buy that strap or wait for an update? 

• I have an iPhone.  I did it again yesterday and still had the same issue.  It might just be a timing thing.  If you have the HR metrics associated to an actual activity, then it seems easy to download the HR data.  They have that as an option when you bring up the activity after it is completed.  For just syncing non activity related, ie. just waiting it around with out a watch, there doesn't seem to be a manual process to sync.  I removed the HRM from Garmin connect and re-added, but it didn't do anything.  I kind of gave up, and magically after about an hour, I checked Gamin connect again, it synced the data that was on the HRM to Garmin Connect, and then to my watch.  I am not sure what triggers that sync, but it does happen.  It sounds like the HRM Pro may be one of the few that will store the data without your watch to sync at a later time (for non activity related data).

• And do you try to wear the strap all day long? It's comfortable or.........?

• I don't wear it all day.  Only when I am exercising or when I am recharging my phone (maybe a few hours).  For me, it doesn't bother me too much.  I can wear it for an extended time.  I have friends who complains that it rubs and chafes him where the ends hook together, but we have different bodily build.  I am pretty slim.  The only problem that I have is it slipping down when wearing.  I have to either make it tight or need to pull up from time to time when I move around.  During running it stays in place pretty well.

• So basically what I did was to contact Garmin Support here in Sweden. I sent over my logs from my Garmin Connect app to Garmin so that they could take a closer look at it.

Garmin sent me a new strap and I also got to keep my old one. The new strap worked like a charm, the guy att the support was really nice and kind. He also told me he had som similar customer cases from different parts of the world regarding the same matter.

So big thumbs up to the Garmin Support center.

Oh, Garmin couldn't explain why my first strap didn't sync stored data.

• Hi i'm having the exact same problem with my brand new hrm pro and fenix 5 plus saphire. I have contacted support and am waiting to hear back from them. i can only assume its a faulty strap. I would expect better quality control given the price of the strap. I'll see help support can offer on the matter.

• I am currently having the same issue..until 2 weeks ago the hrm pro synced like a dream..but then it stopped.. all syncs fail. Works fine broadcasting hr to garmin devices, but won't sync to the app independently..I seem to be confusing garmin support...Will see if they have a fix or have to send out a new hrm pro..given as mine is only 2 months old I'm not very happy!

Have tried unnpairing from phone and app several times.