This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM-PRO Running Dynamics on Garmin Connect without a watch?

HRM-PRO is advertised as being able to connect directly with your phone. In reality this is only partially true, it seems. Running Dynamics data is apparently only transmitted via ANT+ and it seems that the Garmin Connect Android app only connects via Bluetooth, even though the phone would support ANT+.

Can anyone confirm this is really the case? If so, I would call it false advertising and return my HRM-PRO.

(I can also see that the hr_runningdynamics profile is not yet supported in the Android SDK and therefore probably no app is currently supporting a direct transfer. So, HRM-PRO is only useful with Garmin or Coros watches which do support this profile)

• Did you try calling the Customer Support and asking them directly? I suspect there are not too many HRM PRO users visting this forum regularly, and who would be able to give you the answer. However it would be interesting to know how it is, so if you get any answer from Garmin, please post it here. Myself I was considering buying the HRM-PRO too, since my watch does not support running dynamics, but if HRM-PRO does not transfer it without having a watch with the full support of running dynamics, then it would be indeed useless.

• I can confirm that you do not see running dynamics data from HRM-Pro on garmin connect when you use a watch (in my case an Instinct) that does not support running dynamics. 

• I just bought a HRM-pro and found that without a watch being not possible to use running dynamics feature through the app Garmin Connect. Could the developer put the analytical model of cadence, vertical oscillation and GCT as well as the running dynamics programme in the app again, so that those with the strip can also use the feature for improving running performance? I really hope Garmin as a transnational company won't be too narrow to provide service for Garmin watch users, and it's not good for the brand to limit users tasting and applying its unique feature in their exercise.

• Exactly !!!

Garmin, WHY we can not use HRM PRO device dynamics with Garmin Connect app without any problem as it is?

• Because they want to priceifferentiate .. ie. force you to buy a larger watch if you want running dynamics. By not being able to download the running dynamics via BLE they have closed this potential loophole..