This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin HRM-Pro + EDGE device, will it record Intensity minutes?

I used to wear my Fenix 6X watch + HRM-Run band to record my cycling activities which of course recorded/counted Intensity minutes. Few months back I purchased Garmin Edge 530 cycling computer to replace F6X watch in my cycling activities but was shocked when I found out that Edge devices are not supporting/counting Intensity minutes so I had to wear watch also if I wanted IM. Now I see this new HRM-Pro supports IM. If I use it with Edge device and leave watch at home, will it count IM?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

Yes.  The HRM-Pro will record intensity minutes during your cycling activity, and then this will get added to your daily statistics using GC’s TrueUp feature.  To do this, you need to ensure that your HRM-Pro is paired to Garmin Connect and that it has a chance to sync at the end of your ride.  To sync, the HRM-Pro just needs to be in proximity to your phone (< 3 meters) while you are still wearing it

• I bought HRM-Pro about 2 weeks back, I already use it for many cycling activities, it does record Intensity Minutes, however I noticed that I get counted much less IM for very similar activities as before (using HRM-Run), below is photo of my activities last few weeks, see previous week how small IM is comparing to 4 previous weeks, weekly activities were very similar last 5 weeks ... any explanation for this?

• Hi Joey!

If I Bluetooth pair HRM-Pro with Garmin Connect on mobile phone and ANT+ pair with Edge 530, simultanously.

Then I start bike activity on Edge 530 and when I end this activity on Edge 530 and then sync Edge 530 and HRM-Pro with GC on mobile phone would I have on GC recorded intensity minutes with HRM-Pro and separate bike activity with Edge 530?